If you are the project owner, you can invite other Glitch users to the project and transfer project ownership to another Glitch user.
Why would you want to do this?
Here are some examples:
- You want to continue collaborating on a project that you created, but need to give someone else owner privileges.
- You have more than one Glitch account and want to transfer ownership to a different account used by you.
Follow these steps to transfer ownership of your project:
From your dashboard, click on the project that you want to transfer. This will open the project in editor.
In the project editor, click the Share button to reveal the project permissions menu.
Find the project member that you want to transfer ownership to and change their permission setting to Owner.
- Only the project owner can transfer project ownership or invite other Glitch users.
- If you assign project ownership to another member of the project, you will no longer have the ability to archive the project or invite other Glitch users.
- The project owner of a private app must have a Glitch Pro subscription. If you want to transfer ownership of a private app to another project member, they must have a Glitch Pro subscription.
- If you are the project owner of a free app that has the code set to private, you will not be able to transfer ownership to another project member unless they are a Glitch Pro subscriber. If you set the code to public, you will be able to transfer project ownership, however it will not be possible to set the code to private again unless the new owner subscribes to Glitch Pro.