When you remix a project on Glitch, you’re creating a copy of an existing project. From there, you can customize the project and make other changes.
Here's how to remix a project on Glitch:
1. Find an app you would like to try working with.
2. Scroll down the screen until you see a Remix button and give it a click.
When you click Remix, Glitch makes a copy of the app and saves it to your Glitch account.
From here, you can:
- Edit any of the files that were in the original project.
- Change the name of the project.
- Customize the project to make it your own!
To protect the original project, the following are not copied over when a remix is created:
.git/hooks (except for .example files)
In addition, we scrub the contents of the project's .env so that this private information is not shared between projects. Click here to see more information about how .env works.