The exported Glitch code isn’t special in any way – it should work without any changes on other services.
To export your project's code to GitHub:
- In the project editor view, click Tools at the bottom of the page.
- In the Tools menu, click Import and Export.
- If a message appears that says Connect your GitHub account, click Connect to GitHub and then enter your GitHub credentials.
- Now, click Export to GitHub.
- In the popup, enter the GitHub repo that you want to use, and then click OK.
Note the following:
- A GitHub account can only be connected with one Glitch account. If you see an error message when exporting, it may mean that you are already using the GitHub account that you entered with another Glitch account. Click here to learn how to fix this.
- If you're exporting to a GitHub organization's repo, be sure that the organization admin approves third-party access for Glitch.
- It is not possible to export to an empty repo; the repo must have at least one file in it for the export to work.
You can also download a copy of your project to your computer. Click here to learn how!