GitLab's support for repo mirroring means you can make a public project on Glitch automatically sync to a git repo on GitLab.
To set this up:
1. Create a new project on GitLab. Choose Import project > Repo by URL and enter:
- Git User Name and repository URL available from Tools > Import/Export
- ✅ Mirror repository.
- Set the project path and project name (you can use the Glitch project name if you like).
- Optionally, add a project description.
- Set the visibility level that you’re happy with.
2. Once that’s done, click Create project. The repo will now automatically pull in changes every hour or so.
Note: These setup instructions work with Glitch projects that are set to public. To sync a private project, a paid GitLab account (Bronze plan or higher) is required.