Every project comes with a README.md file which is used to provide helpful information to project users.
Here are some things that you could include in your project's README.md:
- Instructions on how to use the app.
- A change log with details about app updates.
- Credits that show who worked on the project.
- Images can also be added if you like!
The README.md uses Markdown, which is a lightweight markup language that allows you to add formatting elements to plaintext text files.
How to edit a README.md file:
- Open the project editor and make sure that the README.md file is selected in the file view on the left.
- At the top of the editing pane, click the EDIT MARKDOWN button to reveal edit mode for the file.
- Now you can start typing directly in the file.
- When you are done, just click the PREVIEW MARKDOWN button again to see what the file will look like when another user views it.