A project can be prevented from running for a few different reasons that are either related to something technical or our Terms of Service, or both.
Project isn't running: You have used all of your project hours for the month
If someone visits your app after you have run out of project hours for the month, they will see a glitchy graphic and a message that says, “Oops! This project isn’t running”.
Project is suspended for a technical reason
Here are some common reasons why a project would be suspended for a technical reason:
- Hitting the project disk space limit or "Preparing Error".
- Installing node modules that push your project past the 1GB limit.
- Surpassing any other of our technical restrictions.
- If your project is suspended for any of these reasons, please contact us! In many cases, we can lift the suspension for you.
Project is suspended for a Terms of Service violation
We understand that in many cases, users do not intentionally try to abuse our platform. However, there may be times when projects are flagged for unfriendly behavior or having the potential to impact site performance. Click here to review our Terms of Service in full.
- Using a ping-type package or code to circumvent our technical restrictions.
- Creating a project that includes unauthorized use of copyright-protected content.
- Creating a project that includes material that is unlawful, defamatory, libelous, threatening, pornographic, harassing, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, violate any law or is otherwise inappropriate.
- Creating a project that contains:
- Obfuscated code
- Code relating to cryptocurrency mining
- Code used to spam others
- Code used for phishing
- Code used for spying/gaining unauthorized access to websites
- Code that overloads our system and prevents the enjoyment of Glitch by others.
How to get help for a suspended project
Send us a support request. In your message, be sure to include the name of the project that was suspended. We will explain what happened, and help you get back to creating the app of your dreams!